Rogers Park Chamber of Commerce

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Officially on Day Two!

I have to say that I am very happy to be working with World Business Chicago through it's SEED Chicago campaign. The Taste of Rogers Park has been a personal goal of mine since the shift of it's original intent three years ago.

More than fifty hours a week was put into the research for what the event would cost, and after that, both myself and President Bill Morton worked tirelessly on attending festivals like Greater Chicago Chariot of Festival of India, The Jewish Folk Arts Festival, Pride North, Clark Street Festival, and so many more.

After all the research, I am just so pleased to be launching the Taste of Rogers Park for it's funding.

When the opportunity arose for it to be crowd-funded, I was elated, especially since I have kept a firm belief on keeping it within the community. This should be an event for the community, not so much the Rogers Park Chamber of Commerce. 

Personally, my view of Rogers Park is still developing. After living and working here since September of 2011, I can't help but admire the beautiful lakefront, the friendly and eclectic mix of small businesses, the to die for art district, and the easy communication flow all throughout the neighborhood. 

As the Rogers Park Chamber of Commerce Secretary, I love the articles that I get to write and interviewing the businesses owners. They work so hard, day in and day out, and are still smiling, laughing, and joking around with me. It's heart warming.


Rogers Park Chamber of Commerce Secretary





Articles