It is the policy of the Rogers Park Chamber of Commerce that its employees and board members uphold the highest standards of ethical, professional behavior. To that end, these employees and board members shall dedicate themselves to carrying out the mission of this organization and shall:
1) Hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public in the performance of professional duties.
2) Act in such a manner as to uphold and enhance personal and professional honor, integrity and the dignity of the profession.
3) Treat with respect and consideration all persons, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, maternity, marital or family status, disability, age or national origin.
4) Engage in carrying out the Rogers Park Chamber of Commerce’s mission in a professional manner.
5) Collaborate with and support other professionals in carrying out the Rogers Park Chamber of Commerce’s mission.
6) Build professional reputations on the merit of services and refrain from competing unfairly with others.
7) Recognize that the chief function of the Rogers Park Chamber of Commerce at all times is to serve the best interests of its constituency.
8) Accept as a personal duty the responsibility to keep up to date on emerging issues and to conduct themselves with professional competence, fairness, impartiality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
9) Respect the structure and responsibilities of the board of directors, provide them with facts and advice as a basis for their making policy decisions, and uphold and implement policies adopted by the board of directors.
10) Keep the community informed about issues affecting it.
11) Conduct organizational and operational duties with positive leadership exemplified by open communication, creativity, dedication, and compassion.
12) Exercise whatever discretionary authority they have under the law to carry out the mission of the organization.
13) Serve with respect, concern, courtesy, and responsiveness in carrying out the organization’s mission.